Wednesday 14 March 2012

Yarn Along


Happily joining Ginny and the gang over at Small things for this week's yarn along. 
One of the many things I appreciate about participating in this community of stitchers is that I get to document most of the little projects I'm working on, some are just for me, many I'm trying out for school. And I can easily check back in my Yarn Along archives to see what I made and remember how it worked out, especially for the children : )
I'm working on a crochet hairband  that they can make and I spent an evening this week working on the progression of a flower, to decorate it. Really fun. I especially loved Lucy's flower tutorial over at Attic 24, she makes it so easy to follow each step. 

Reading time is short, but I have reached my favourite part of Jane Eyre : )
I look forward to seeing what you're all up to out there, and thanks for your visit.

9 comments:

  1. Your flowers are just lovely!
    I tried to teach myself to crochet a flower for a hat I had knit, I did manage to complete one, but it took half a day! :)
    Happy yarn along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely crochet work, those colours are just beautiful together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, those are so pretty. I really need to learn how to do more than a single crochet if it means I will be able to make those. I love them.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see it put together. Will the flowers be attached to a base or attached to one another only? Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurrayic, I like your line of thinking here! For the children I need to keep it simple and practical, so they will knit or crochet a wide band and attach a flower to the side. As for me, I fancy trying out a garland : ) Thanks for stopping by, M

      Delete
  5. how lovely mia, i do love documenting too, and sharing, i think that's the best part. i'm looking forward to seeing the completed hairband.
    xxx lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I REALLY need to learn crochet... And we love Jane Eyre too!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such lovely colours, especially with the matching crochet hook and scissors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh look at those lovely, lovely, lovely flowers. I don't know how to crochet. Those flowers are a marvel; I really like the colors too, not to mention those awesome scissors!
    xo,
    Ang (peach coglo)

    ReplyDelete